7 June 2018, Monash University, Clayton
Places are still available for the upcoming Industry Engagement and Business Development Course.
This one-day Business Development course is for those undertaking industry engagement activities within their research organisation. The course covers off proactive strategies to ensure the greatest return from engagement activities and efforts, including:
- Choosing organisations to work with and mapping possible client engagement opportunities
- Expanding existing client relationships via warm introductions, referral and science/non-science networking (avoiding cold calling)
- Understanding your value proposition and leveraging what your organisation does best
- Conference and trade show preparation and goal setting
- Set up for great meetings. Have fewer, better meetings that achieve more
- Communicating and connecting effectively with a variety of stakeholders. Learn to create value propositions in their language
- Understanding your client’s needs. Opportunity validation and active listening
This course will focus on core principles, and will enable attendees to develop a toolbox of practical skills that can be applied across various areas of their work.