Nominations for the 2024 Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science are open until 8 February 2024 at 5:00pm AEDT. The Prime Minister’s Prizes for Science recognise demonstrated excellence in scientific research, researchbased innovation and excellence in science teaching.
Prize recipients receive national and international recognition of their work, as well as prize money ranging from between $50,000 and $250,000 each. Through their achievements, they also inspire all Australians to embrace the world of science and pursue careers in STEM.
By nominating someone you know who has made a meaningful contribution to science, innovation or science teaching – at any career stage – you are acknowledging the value they bring to their field of work.
Nominations can be made by peers and colleagues across science and innovation sectors, and science,
technology and mathematics teaching communities.
To nominate, you need to provide:
- Your name and contact details.
- The name and contact details of the person you are nominating.
- A short description of your nominee’s achievements.
- The names and contact details of people who can comment on your nominee’s contribution.
- Your nominee’s up-to-date CV.
Your nomination is the first step – no-one can be recognised unless you nominate them.
Find out more about the Prizes at industry.gov.au/PMPrizes