KCA’s Chatham-House Start-ups Masterclass provides participants with the best available methods and insights for achieving success managing PRFO spinouts from inception to exit. This masterclass is ideal if you are, or will be, working with startups as part of your commercialisation role within a PRFO.
Dr Dean Moss, CEO, UniQuest Pty Ltd
We are currently hosting events and courses upon request. If you or your organisation are interested in attending this event, please contact the KCA National Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for a Start-Up
- When to create a Start-up?
- How to structure a Start-up?
- What is the role of the Researcher/s in a Start-up?
How to Start-Up
- Where to identify sources of Start-up investment?
- The role of the Investor
- The role of the Technology Transfer Office
- Contracting Research back from Start-ups
- Composition and roles of the Management team
- Chair and Board – Culture, Relationship to Management, Strategy and Governance
Commonly encountered Issues with Start-ups
Preparing for the Exit
- Managing start-up equity
- Why exit?
- When and how to exit
What’s New in the Australasian Start-Up world?
- Availability of investment
- Incubators and accelerators
- Student start-ups
Earn Continuing Education points towards RTTP status
Demonstrate your dedication and expertise in the academic technology transfer profession by becoming a Registered Technology Transfer Professional (RTTP). The KCA Start-up Masterclass earns participants 7 continuing education (CE) credits, which support your registration application. For more information about the registration process and requirements, visit the Alliance of Technology Transfer Professionals website.