2019 KCA Awards
Proudly sponsored by Phillips Ormonde Fitzpatrick
The KCA Awards celebrate the achievements of members, and highlight “top tier work” in Australasian tech transfer. In 2019 we once again have one open category, and invite members to put forth any activity that has realised success in the last 18 months.
Three finalists will be selected overall from the nominations received, and those three finalists will pitch their nomination at the KCA Annual Conference on Thursday 12 September 2019 in Sydney. The winner, as deemed by a panel of judges, and the people’s choice award winner, will be announced at the KCA Annual Conference dinner that same evening.
The Awards are open to all KCA members and their respective project partners. Projects can span all facets of research commercialisation, industry engagement and entrepreneurship. The Awards aren’t about “big deals.” The Awards recognise great work, so please be encouraged to put forth projects which demonstrate originality, creative business insight, and/or deliver significant societal impact.
Fundamentally we want to know why your activity is deserving of “top tier work” in Australasian tech/knowledge transfer status, or why it is a great example of tech/knowledge transfer activity in Australasia. Details of what’s required to enter the Awards is outlined on the nomination form.
How to Enter
- Fill out the nomination form and return it to email@example.com by COB Friday 19 July, 2019.
- A panel of industry experts will review your nomination form and select three finalists
- Finalists will be announced on Monday 12 August 2019.
- Finalists will be asked to produce either a written or video synopsis of their nomination to be uploaded to the KCA website for the wider community to learn more
- Finalists will also be invited to give an 3 minute pitch of their nomination at the KCA Annual Conference on Thursday 12 September in Sydney.
- The overall winner (as decided by the expert judging panel), and the winner of the people’s choice award, will be announced at a special dinner integrated into the format of the KCA Annual Conference on Thursday 12 September 2019 at Doltone House, Jones Bay Wharf.