The KCA Awards are back for another year!
The main idea of the KCA Awards is to elevate the status of, and promote great work across the member community. We want to celebrate the achievements of members, and highlight “top tier work” in Australasian tech transfer. As the tech transfer landscape flattens and the scope broadens, so too do the KCA Awards. This year we have one open, flat category for the Awards, giving members the opportunity to put forth any activity that has realised success in the last 18 months.
Three finalists will be selected overall from the nominations received, and those three finalists will pitch their nomination at the KCA Annual Conference on Thursday 7 September 2017 in Wellington. The winner, as deemed by a panel of judges, and the people’s choice award winner, will be announced at the KCA Annual Conference dinner that same evening.
The Awards are open to all KCA members and their respective project partners. Projects may span all facets of research commercialisation, industry engagement and entrepreneurship.
Fundamentally we want to know why your activity is deserving of “top tier work” in Australasian tech/knowledge transfer status, or why it is a great example of tech/knowledge transfer activity in Australasia. Details of what’s required to enter the Awards is outlined on the nomination form.
How to Enter
- Fill out the nomination form and return it to Mel by COB Thursday 13 July, 2017.
- A panel of industry experts will review your nomination form and select three finalists
- Finalists will be announced on Thursday 3 August.
- Finalists will be asked to produce either a written or video synopsis of their nomination to be uploaded to the KCA website for the wider community to learn more
- Finalists will also be invited to give an 3 minute pitch of their nomination at the KCA Annual Conference on Thursday 7 September in Wellington.
- The overall winner (as decided by the expert judging panel), and the winner of the people’s choice award, will be announced at a special dinner integrated into the format of the KCA Annual Conference on Thursday 7 September, 2017 in Wellington